[wsfii-discuss] RG 58 cable

Horst Krause offlinehorst at web.de
Mon Nov 24 00:53:05 UTC 2008

hallo marco,

sorry, RG58-cable is not appropriate for use  at  2,4 GHz or higher,
because it has relative high loss of 84.6dB per 100m.
that says -for example- after 3m legth of cable,
comes out only half of the power you put in it  :-(
(besides the allways existing losses of connectors,
 and the `art` how these fittings are soldered...)

i suggest, for these reasons,
it wouldn`t be worth the orga and transport
because disapointing results with RG58.

better look for "low loss" cables!

        grts horst
 offlinehorst at wen.de