[wsfii-discuss] Spammers appear to have hacked into wsfii site

Vickram Crishna v1clist at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 28 02:52:26 UTC 2008

I think many such initiatives suffer for the same reason (ie, not enough time for sysops to handle the load), in order to authenticate genuine users. Plus of course the hassles of keeping passwords, for the genuine users.

Captchas can and are being broken today by public ocr service sites, I read not so long back in Slashdot.

 Vickram
http://communicall.wordpress.com
http://vvcrishna.wordpress.com