[wsfii-discuss] [open-hw] I am visiting UK/It will be nice to meet.

Vickram Crishna v1clist at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 29 11:40:49 UTC 2008

Nice. Just in time for Mahabir's visit: London trounces rest of world in quest for WiFi dominance

"Nothing like a hot stack of stats to spice up the oft-debated, nary
settled question: who has the best WiFi access?

Well, London continues
to be the world capital of WiFi with 12,276 access points, according to
the freshest installment of the annual Wireless Security Survey
conducted by RSA, beating New York City by roughly 3,000.

Paris rules
the year-over-year increase category, however, with a shocking 543
percent gain over last year, while London and New York saw much slower
increases.

NYC did manage to capture the top spot in the
coveted 'corporate encryption' category, with about 97 percent of
corporate access points now employing some type of encryption, while
about 20 percent of London's business access points remain totally,
completely, shamefully unprotected.

We understand that upon hearing the
news, Queen Elizabeth promptly ordered a pallet of routers with built-in firewalls for all of Buckingham Palace."

Vickram
http://communicall.wordpress.com
http://vvcrishna.wordpress.com