[wsfii-discuss] Fwd: [india-gii] poor WiFi encryption a security risk

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at guifi.net
Mon Sep 22 19:13:07 UTC 2008

We don't have to expect that your mom, like any other average user, know
about WPA/IMAP or whatever TLA we do use.

However, be sure that they can distinguish between having to take care
while doing things like giving credit card information to someone and
doing something trivial which doesn't require any protection at all, so
to do certain things they have to do in a way which they know is
trusted, and if they don't know and there is a potential risk, don't do it.

Common sense.

En/na wlanmac ha escrit: