[wsfii-discuss] Fwd: [india-gii] poor WiFi encryption a security risk

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at guifi.net
Tue Sep 23 10:53:39 UTC 2008

Average people is used on dealing risks in their daily life.

If you refuse dealing with any risk at all, you can't even go out of
your home: You might have a traffic accident, a plane can crash, someone
can stole your pocket on the streets... etc etc. So you will simply
become sick of paranoia.
Technology doesn't make a difference at all, and can develop best
practices, make them available to the users, but those practices should
not compromise people accessibility to open networks, have to be  a
complement. Prohibit people for being at the streets and therefore
exposed to others, will never be a good solution. And at the streets you
might like to do a tons of things which you do consider that doesn't
expose you to an unreasonable risk you can't afford.

Ms. Palin, as a Governor, or Bin Laden should be much more concerned
while exposed to the public, or not, but that's their problem, not the
average people problem. So that depends in who you are and what you do,
but is wrong to talk in general terms because of Ms. Palin or someone
personal concerns.

En/na wlanmac ha escrit: