[wsfii-discuss] HAR2009: *Massive* discount for wsfii! + ticket price deadline additional info

Patrice Riemens patrice at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 2 09:38:01 UTC 2009

In case this one did not reach you (see the dot after 'org' due to c+p):

Subject: Re: HAR2009 ticket price deadline additional info:
From:    "Patrice Riemens" <patrice at xs4all.nl>
Date:    Mon, February 2, 2009 10:24
To:      wsfii-discuss at lists.okfn.org.

I had overseen this announcement:

January 22, 2009
https://har2009.org/post/ticket-shop-now-accepting-credit-cards

----8<----
Early-bird period extended

Because it took a while to get credit-cards accepted, the early-bird
rate will apply for an extra month: if you order before march 31st,
you will only pay EUR 155,- per ticket.

Remember, after march, prices will increase gradually to reach a
summit at the event itself, where the door-price will be EUR 250,-.
Now, some of you have cried out vehemently that EUR 250,- is
outrageously high, and you are absolutely right.

However, you can help lower that target! If the pre-sale ticket volume
is high enough, there will be no problems with advance payment of
rental companies and such. So, show your solidarity with those that
have no choice and must buy their ticket at the door by pre-ordering
your early-bird ticket *right now*!

And after tough negotiations with my co-orgas I reached agreement to grant
wsfii people and absolutely stunning discount of no less than 3% of the
entry price, slashed from E 155 to E 150 when booking using the code
'WSFII'! Har! Har!

Cheers, patrizio & Diiiinooos!