[wsfii-discuss] The Empire Strikes Back: South Africa

jeff buderer jeff at onevillagefoundation.org
Wed Feb 18 14:08:44 UTC 2009

We dont know where this is really going.

Obviously there is a status quo and many of the companies and
organizations that some of us in this network have tried to work with
over the years are part of that.

Its possible that there is a limit to what amount of change can be put
forward in a society and that maybe to some that threshold is being passed.

Yet government regulatory agencies have always been threatened by the
kinds of things we have talked about here and some corporations as well
and we have seen that real innovation is possible.

The key is to provide opportunities for corporations to get involved
constructively in the process of this innovation because we could not do
such efforts completely at the grassroots anyhow - at least not yet.

Jeff