[wsfii-discuss] 96Fans Project Germany/South Africa

cven cven at c-base.org
Mon Mar 22 20:35:12 UTC 2010

hello friends

A friend of mine, Rolf Kasteleiner, is searching for places and people
round the globe during the World Cup 2010, with some art, video and
networking skills...
maybe you a interested to join our project or maybe you know somebody
who would like to join.

you will find the abstract of the project above.

cheers
	cven

p.s. feedback please directly to Rolf

rolfk.laparoleauxmains at gmail.com

We are searching football fans from all participating nations of the
World Cup 2010 for an Internet Installation.

During the World Cup in South Africa, fans of each participating nation
will present the day of their game using video-conference.
Now we are looking for fans of each nation to present live via Internet
the way their friends and family are experiencing the game of their
country. We want that these fans participate by videoconference at the
games in South Africa. And we want to see how you celebrate at your
hometown the day when your team is playing  and how do you represent
your country at the world championship!

The visitors/fans of the exhibitions in South Africa and Germany get a
chance to find out about the games of the day through different
perspectives while also getting a deeper understanding of the
individuality of all different fans. The mentioned institutions will be
staging areas where audience and fans of 32 nations will be
intercommunicating. A picture of fans all over the world will come into
existence. A place of meeting and intercommunion in stead of one-sided
information will be created.

The project is taking place in three exhibition halls:  „Main Street
Life“ in Johannesburg, the university of  Capetown and in “Freies
Museum“ Berlin.

Please contact me for further information.

To contact us directly: www.facebook.com/96fans

Rolf Kasteleiner

Artistic director LAPAMA
GERMAN FRENCH CULTURE PROJECTS