[wsfii-discuss] What wifi router to use

Steve Song steve at villagetelco.org
Sun Nov 20 08:47:38 UTC 2011

Hi Breno,

On 19 November 2011 17:15, Breno Jacinto <brenojac at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Steve,
>
>     I just bought a model like that, but I was aware that it supports
> exclusively 802.11n. It seems that the current MP version is only b/g and
> thus would not be inter-operable with it, correct?

The WR703 does support 802.11bg.  Terry Gillett has now got a working
firmware for it that interoperates with the Mesh Potato.  See this
thread for the entire saga

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/village-telco-dev/UlGxUTlj9mM

>     I also bought this model (WR710N) -
> http://www.volumerates.com/product/tp-link-wr710n-mini-pocketable-11n-150-mbps-wireless-broadband-router-with-dual-lan-connectors-101283,
> since it supports 802.11b/g/n and (possiblity?) is flash-able to run openwrt
> / BATMAN?
>
>     I cant wait to put my hands on them :)

Unless I'm mistaken, Terry Gillett has these units working too.

Cheers... Steve