[wsfii-discuss] Invitation to (remote) talk at our next open/tech/innovation meetup in The Hague, the Netherlands

Diderik van Wingerden diderik at think-innovation.com
Tue Dec 8 11:53:26 UTC 2015

Hello fellow open knowledge enthusiasts!

My name is Diderik, I am a Pragmatic Idealist and Social Entrepreneur
(amongst others): we started a "Union of Makers" a year ago which is
about developing innovative technological products for a better world,
based on Open Hardware and Free/Open Source principles. So far we have
initiatives in Energy, Health and Education, we received a grant from
the EU, were finalists of UNICEF Wearables for Good and won a local
"Medical" award with our Open Hardware Wearable Device. See for more:
http://openhealth.wemaketotem.org/

But this is not why I am sending this e-mail. I am also active in the
local open/tech/innovation community in The Hague, The Netherlands. Last
week a friend pointed me to Guifi.net, which I find to be a very
interesting initiative and would love to learn more about.

*Is there someone on this list who is an insider of Guifi.net or knows
someone who is and who would be willing to do a remote presentation/talk
at our next meetup?*

It is scheduled for 7 January:
http://www.meetup.com/haagsemakers/events/226002670/
Our local community is quite active and even though we just started this
meetup, already 30 people showed up at the last one. We expect about the
same at the next one.

The reason why I think Guifi is relevant at the moment in The
Netherlands is the huge success of The Things Network
(http://thethingsnetwork.org/, LoRaWAN) as a community-based free/libre
network for Machine to Machine (Internet of Things). So there could be
good momentum now to also start a 'Human to Human' network here in a
similar fashion.

Let me know what you think! Thanks in advance for any reply.

--
Warm regards, hartelijke groet,

Diderik van Wingerden
+31621639148
http://www.think-innovation.com/

Totem Open Health won Medical Delta Proof It Award
<https://www.perssupport.nl/persbericht/95206/totem-open-health-wint-tweede-proof-it-award>