[Yourtopia] Current wireframe status, open questions

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Apr 5 11:04:54 BST 2012

On 3 April 2012 11:14, Marian Steinbach <marian.steinbach at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'd like to share the current status of wireframes with you in order to get
> a next feed back round going and get ideas on some open questions. Here is
> the link:
>
> http://www.sendung.de/cust/okfn/yourtopia/wf-20120403-1200/
>
> Probably they aren't self-explanatory. I'd like to walk you through if we
> manage to set up a team session.
>
> Here are some open questions -- not necessarily all of them need answers
> right away:
>
> Under which URL will Yourtopia 2 run?
>
> Probably http://yourtopia.net/ - just as the current one.

Hmm. The idea here is to generate a generic system we could deploy
multiple times. This Italian one will probably live at:

http://italy.yourtopia.net/ or similar ...

> What are we doing with the current version? Move to subfolder or subdomain?

Probably disable or keep up until we migrate to new system.

> Do we want to keep the logo as is? How about the rest of the look and feel?
> What content should be displayed underneath the "create index" app on the
> start page?

I think you should feel free to make big changes. Personally i'm fine
(as a start) with what we had as latest yourtopia codebase:

<http://okfnlabs.org/yourtopia/>

> Probably we want to write a short about text with link to "Learn more"
> page.
> When a few dozen Yourtopias have been created, we can also promote a link to
> the "browse all" page and give the current number of created yourtopias.
> Alternative: Show the last three (or three random) yourtopia tiles, as
> visiable on the "browse all" page.
>
> How to implement the email sharing mechanism?
>
> Making sure email reaches the recipient can be a pain in the ass.
> Sharethis.com and addthis.com have email sharing as part of their solutions

I'd suggest just using sharethis :-)

> How will the application look when data for all more countries is available?

We boot different sites?

Rufus