[Yourtopia] "Learn more" text and general concept conflict

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Thu Apr 12 15:27:22 BST 2012

Hey Marian,

Back to the first question: the composite index that Dirk wrote about means
just the weighed index, which appears in both versions that we had so far -
with just 7 categories + GDP and with all 21 + GDP indicators.

The actual problem I see if that many of the indicators are correlated, so
one always comes up with the roughly the same result - Trento or Bolzano
first. Alternatively we could include some data series for which Southern
regions as we discussed yesterday - possible something related to culture?

@Rosamaria, do you see any stats on http://noi-italia.istat.it/ where
Southern states or any other states would be coming first?

As about the two versions - the bubbles and the detailed slider version, I
think we should stick with the latest version which Marian suggested -
would it be possible though that one would also be able to modify the
relative weight of the indicators within one category upon clicking for
more details - Let's say I put use the bubble sliders to determine the
relative weight of e.g. Health with respect to all other categories (what
has been already done) and then when I click on more I am also given three
sliders to determine the relative importance of health satisfaction,
chronic diseases etc within the health category. This will be an extra
option which maybe not all users will make use of - yet it is good to have
in case there are users interested in more detail.

What do you think?

Velichka

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Rosamaria Bitetti <
rosamaria.bitetti at gmail.com> wrote:

> ...but it also makes it more interesting (tested on non geek sister).
>

> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 15:01, Marian Steinbach <marian at sendung.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 12. April 2012 14:37 schrieb Rosamaria Bitetti <
>> rosamaria.bitetti at gmail.com>:
>> > so basically the final result will be this one?
>> >
>> http://www.sendung.de/cust/okfn/yourtopia/wf-20120403-1200/?Page=Home_-_Category_details
>>
>> Yes, that was the state of the discussion before today.
>>
>> > Can we add the possibility of adjusting sub indicators in this version
>> or is
>> > it too complex?
>>
>> If we would add the option to adjust sub-indicators, we would end up
>> more or less at the version we discarded.
>>
>> Yes, I think that this this introduces a complexity which narrows down
>> the target audience quite significantly.
>>
>> Marian

> Rosamaria Bitetti
> my LinkedIn profile <http://it.linkedin.com/in/rmbitetti>
> cell: +39 320 6275664