[Yourtopia] "Learn more" text and general concept conflict

Dirk Heine dirk.heine at okfn.org
Fri Apr 13 16:54:00 BST 2012

Dear team,

Marian and I just had a phone call in which he said that we could record
each user's voting data and IP address irrespective of whether the app
itself displays the overall index. Hence we could compute such an index
later, for example in a research paper, given that we have the data.

Against that background, I guess having an expert mode in which the proxy
variables can be determined is much more important to include in the app
than having the overall index displayed. The latter we can do later in a
paper, the former would be a real loss and expose us to critique from the
BE literature.

Am I missing something?

Best wishes,

Dirk