[Yourtopia] Fwd: Logo for Yourtopia

Marian Steinbach marian at sendung.de
Tue Apr 17 09:36:03 BST 2012

Hi Sam & Alex!

Here is my opinion: For me, Sam's logo version is already a bit too
colorful and too detailed.

- There is a colored wheel aside from the logotype and then also on
inside the logotype (letter "o"). For me, this duplication doesn't
really serve a purpose or reinforce anything, but it makes the logo
appear more cluttered.

- The variety of different type faces could be reduced. We have an
italic "your", a non-italic "topia". Then we have "global development"
in a different font, and then we have "Italy" in the italic version of
this font, plus in red.

Alex, in your drafts I basically see the same issues, plus even more
color, plus drop shadow. We seem to agree though that one colored
wheel is enough.

Please keep in mind that we shouldn't use much height for the logo alone.

About the color wheel: I don't see this really fit the theme what
Yourtopia is about, but I'd let others convince me.

Sam, here is what I think could be done to make your logo fit better:
- Decide for one color wheel. Either left of the type or built in as "o".
- In the website header, let's get rid of the tagline underneat. We
probably won't need it, since this idea can be reinforced in other
places on the site.

Cheers,

Marian