[Yourtopia] Data inconsitency? Neighbourhood safety

Marian Steinbach marian at sendung.de
Wed Apr 18 17:44:12 BST 2012

Hi!

I compared the data visualization of the data source (Istat) with our
prototype and came accross this inconsistency:

For "neighbourhood safety" (series_id: safety3), the values in the
data series sheets don't seem to be correct.

Source: http://noi-italia.istat.it/index.php?id=7&user_100ind_pi1[id_pagina]=59&cHash=0cfabb1d4db90f8dae3218bb4aa5c625

Here is a comparison value by value, picled from the Istat chart
showing "Percezione del rischio di criminalità" (values for 2010):

Abruzzo: Our value=22.0, Istat value=22.6
Basilicata: Our value=5.2, Istat value=7.2
Bolzano: Our value=9.0, Istat value=9.7
Calabria: Our value=22.8, Istat value=20.2
Campania: Our value=40.2, Istat value=48.9

Am I looking at the wrong values? How can the difference be explained?

I didn't compare other measures with the source, just this one. This
brings up the question, how do we ensure that our data is correct?

Thanks!

Marian