[Yourtopia] Data inconsitency? Neighbourhood safety

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Fri Apr 20 16:28:36 BST 2012

Marian,

Sorry for the delayed replay - I think it is a visualisation mistake of
iStat and it is not a problem with our data.

If you download the actual table:

http://noi-italia.istat.it/fileadmin/user_upload/allegati/S09I06S02s0.xls

You will see that our 2010 values correspond to the values in the table.
The website visualisation shows the 2009 values for the year 2010, which is
wrong according to their own raw data.

If you have noticed we have no observations for the year 2004, which is
because there is no "2004" in the iStat Excel table.

Let's have a catch-up session asap to see what we need to finalise until
the deadline, I will be in Sao Paolo from tonight until the end of next
week and so is Rufus.

Velichka

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Marian Steinbach <marian at sendung.de>wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> Dirk, Rosamaria, ...
>
> Is anyone looking into this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Marian
>

> Am 18. April 2012 18:44 schrieb Marian Steinbach <marian at sendung.de>:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I compared the data visualization of the data source (Istat) with our
> > prototype and came accross this inconsistency:
> >
> > For "neighbourhood safety" (series_id: safety3), the values in the
> > data series sheets don't seem to be correct.
> >
> > Source:
> http://noi-italia.istat.it/index.php?id=7&user_100ind_pi1[id_pagina]=59&cHash=0cfabb1d4db90f8dae3218bb4aa5c625
> >
> > Here is a comparison value by value, picled from the Istat chart
> > showing "Percezione del rischio di criminalità" (values for 2010):
> >
> > Abruzzo: Our value=22.0, Istat value=22.6
> > Basilicata: Our value=5.2, Istat value=7.2
> > Bolzano: Our value=9.0, Istat value=9.7
> > Calabria: Our value=22.8, Istat value=20.2
> > Campania: Our value=40.2, Istat value=48.9
> >
> > Am I looking at the wrong values? How can the difference be explained?
> >
> > I didn't compare other measures with the source, just this one. This
> > brings up the question, how do we ensure that our data is correct?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Marian
>

> --
> http://twitter.com/MarianSteinbach