[Yourtopia] Updated Dataset - YourTopia Italia

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Thu Apr 26 15:20:27 BST 2012

Hey Marian,

as the application is about all other social progress indicators beside GDP
per capita, I would recommend not including it, as we already have many
other indicators, which are highly correlated with GDP per capita.

The old YourTopia version had GNI (gross national income) per capita,
because it was more tailored to the components of the Human Development
Index - http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/hdi/ - where GNI is indicative of
living standards. Also the older YourTopia version had less indicators.

In the current YourTopia dataset for Italy we have many other indicators
which are representative of economic development - the employment ratio,
poverty incidence as well as citizens' own perception of their economic
conditions.

As I mentioned earlier this week, including GDP per capita in the dataset
was just in order to have a reference point if we would like to run some
data analysis. We initially wanted to have some macroeconomic indicators
including debt ratios, but were not able to find detailed regional data, so
we can leave this category out in this version.

>>Right no, we have to make sure that all "employment2" rows that
>>previously referred to youth unemployment now contain dependency ratio
>>data. Velichka, is that correct?

Yes, we decided to remove youth unemployment, as we already have "neets" in
the Education category or young people who are not working and not studying
(including young people over 24).

The Dependency Ratio measures the load on working age population and
signalises a demographic or generational imbalance.

Velichka

--
Velichka Dimitrova
Project Coordinator