[Yourtopia] Yourtopia India

Pranav Sidhwani sidhwanipranav at gmail.com
Mon May 14 20:30:10 BST 2012

Hey!

I recently visited the yourtopia webpage and was really fascinated with the
concept. My friend Madhav, who is also on the mailing list, and I discussed
this and we're really interested in doing something similar for India. I
have already discussed the possibility of the same with Dirk and Rosamaria
(both my friend and I have a master's degree in economics from IGIDR,
Mumbai, the place where both Dirk and Rosamaria spent a semester last
year). The good thing about India is that data for various social
indicators is not very difficult to find, and India being a developing
country provides an opportunity to explore different methods and metrics to
track development. We already have a programmer friend who is also
interested in the project.

I hope the idea gets you as excited as me. Would be waiting to hear from
you guys!

Regards,

Pranav