[ckan-discuss] Spam groups on the Data Hub

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Wed Dec 7 17:57:43 GMT 2011

>> Yes, a sysadmin account can still 'see' 'deleted' packages - see
>> http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/1283 which is aimed at making this
>> clearer. You could fire up another browser or go into 'private
>> browsing' mode (so as you're not logged in) and confirm it has gone
>> for other users.
>
> I don't think that's the problem. The one you deleted (cool-gadget, see link above) shows as 404 for me, while the one I tried to delete (boxing, see link above) is still there. Changing browsers or logging out doesn't change anything.

Yes, that's because cool-gadget was purged, and I showed you the less
convoluted way - deletion.

The delete and purge features are not really visible to average users,
so in general are not very slick, I'm afraid, but do work if you
follow the docs:
http://wiki.ckan.org/Managing_Datasets#What.27s_the_Difference_Between_Deletion_and_Purging_.3F