No subject

Tue Aug 10 10:35:35 UTC 2010

channels of communication for issues that concern public space and public
services. Primarily, Open311 refers to a standardized technology for
location-based collaborative issue-tracking. By offering free web API access
to an existing 311 service, Open311 is an evolution of the phone-based 311
systems that many cities in North America offer."

The nice things about standard API is when you create a tools for one
specified web site your tools work for all web site using the same API.

## keep concurrency open
This is the main point. When you have open standard any one can come in the
market and make new tools/services. Because they use the same API they take
directly advantage of the eco-system of products.

Regards

Simon Perdrisat

Simon Perdrisat :: http://cloud33.com :: Skype gagarine42 ::
http://twitter.com/gagarine :: GoogleTalk & Mail perdrisat at gmail.com

This email is a green one... don't print it.

--00c09f8235cacfa3ed048df833cd

Thanks for the reply,<br><br>I like the idea of <a href=3D"http://e-democra=
cy.org" target=3D"_blank">e-democracy.org</a>. Creating one platform than d=
A=A0 forum is nice for a linear discussion but not so good to fix a problem=
. I can see mainly this different point:<br>
- subjects duplication<br>
- no subject popularity ordering<br>
- linear discussion when is more interesting to have the &quot;good&quot; a=
nswer first<br>
Look at <a href=3D"http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/" target=3D"_blank">http://=
brainstorm.ubuntu.com/</a> or=A0 <a href=3D"http://stackoverflow.com/" targ=
et=3D"_blank">http://stackoverflow.com/</a> those systems are better to fin=
d a solution to a problem.<br>

With this kind of structure the current subject is automatically the subjec=
on <a href=3D"http://wiki.open311.org/GeoReport_v1" target=3D"_blank">http:=
//wiki.open311.org/GeoReport_v1</a> this is an open API specification for a=
 311 service.<br>

&quot;Open311 is a form of technology that provides open channels of=20
communication for issues that concern public space and public services.=20
Primarily, Open311 refers to a standardized technology for=20
location-based collaborative issue-tracking. By offering free web API=20
access to an existing 311 service, Open311 is an evolution of the=20
phone-based 311 systems that many cities in North America offer.&quot;<br><=
br>The nice things about standard API is when you create a tools for one sp=
ecified web site your tools work for all web site using the same API.<br>

standard any one can come in the market and make new tools/services. Becaus=
e they use the same API they take directly advantage of the eco-system of p=
roducts.<br>

">On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 21:30, Steven Clift <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:clift at e-democracy.org" target=3D"_blank">clift at e-democracy.org</=
a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br>

r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">Interesting.<br>
I have 550 of my neighbors on this forum - <a href=3D"http://e-democracy.or=
g/se" target=3D"_blank">http://e-democracy.org/se</a> -<br>
where we mix it up everyday on community and civic life (about 15% of<br>
households and growing).<br>
My neighborhood association (government recognized, funded) recently<br>
had me at one of their meetings to brainstorm ideas on how they might<br>
leverage the forum in their next strategic planning process. I<br>
suggested a few things like having a special theme each month where a<br>
lead post was designed to generate some feedback for their process.<br>
So what do you mean exactly by an API to do this kind of thing more<br>
systematically?<br>
Steve<br>
Steven Clift - <a href=3D"http://stevenclift.com" target=3D"_blank">http://=
stevenclift.com</a><br>
=A0 Executive Director - <a href=3D"http://E-Democracy.Org" target=3D"_blan=
k">http://E-Democracy.Org</a><br>
=A0 Follow me - <a href=3D"http://twitter.com/democracy" target=3D"_blank">=
http://twitter.com/democracy</a><br>
=A0 New Tel: +1.612.234.7072<br>
2010/8/16 Simon Perdrisat &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:perdrisat at gmail.com" target=
=3D"_blank">perdrisat at gmail.com</a>&gt;:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I just subscribe to the list so &quot;hello everybody&quot;.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I&#39;m interested to know more about exciting API and tools for brain=
storming<br>
&gt; in an open gov way. I find some API like <a href=3D"http://open311.org=
/" target=3D"_blank">http://open311.org/</a> but nothing for<br>
&gt; brainstorming. They are also some open source tools like<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.ideatorrent.org" target=3D"_blank">http://www.id=
eatorrent.org</a> but still is not an API.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I live in Switzerland and we can wait for centuries before the gov ope=
n any<br>
&gt; data. I&#39;m affrayed if I create a data platform like <a href=3D"htt=
p://data.gov" target=3D"_blank">data.gov</a> nobody was<br>
&gt; interested because it&#39;s empty...<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; But a brainstorming platform is a tools and can be first used by reall=
y<br>
&gt; small village and political group too. And so we start create a kind o=
f<br>
&gt; data. I hop also other peoples intersted by the subject=A0 in the coun=
try<br>
&gt; start to work together to push the open gov concept.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; regards<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Simon<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; --<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; This email is a green one... don&#39;t print it.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; open-government mailing list<br>
k">open-government at lists.okfn.org</a><br>