[open-government] Cost/Benefit Studies of Open-Data & initiatives & lists

Tracey P. Lauriault tlauriau at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 20:00:25 UTC 2010

All;

While a bunch of lists are being compiled, and coordinated.  It would also
be great if we could tag web urls in my delicious in a way that can be
mutually beneficial.

For instance, civicaccess has been tracking all sorts of documents,
initiatives, etc. for a couple of years using the following tags:

coacid
civicaccess

It is easier if the tags are really distinctive like these for instance:

opendata_cbstudies (?)
opendata_iniatives (for city of ottawa, London, Montreal, etc.)
opendata_licenses (for geoconnections unrestricted user license, etc.)
opendata_reports (NSF chapters, etc.)

And then people can add whatever other tags:
okf opendata_cbstudies
odmtl opendata_cbstudies
civicaccess opendata_cbstudies
odottawa opendata_cbstudies

etc.

What do you all think?

As a person who is currently maintaining the list of those for and against
the census changes in canada (datalibre.ca), i can tell you, it gets insane
to manage a penultimate list with many contributors, but it is relatively
easy, if we all do it, and remind ourselves to do it, to tag content we find
and can later all fish through.

If we agree to some tags, on one some insomniac night, i will go back to the
civicaccess coacid tagged material and add new ones to make searching
easier.

Cheers

Tracey P. Lauriault
613-234-2805