[open-government] [euopendata] Eurostat Hackday, 16th December 2010

aidan mcguire aidan at scraperwiki.com
Wed Dec 15 11:04:25 UTC 2010

Jonathan,

We are looking to help in the effort but alas cant make it to London
but we are going to put together a team in Liverpool (using the
ScraperWiki office). We will be happy to help with tasks concerning
energy and environmental data but can also be available to support
others who need data restructuring.

We will have 4 developers + 1 PM (but could do with a visualisation
person and ideally a statistician. So if anyone on this list who is
located in the Northwest of England is interested please come to
Liverpool You will be made very welcome.  We will have coffee and
mince pies all day +  we will have pizza and beer to close things off.

We will hold the event at
Meeting Room 3 - 1st floor - IC2
Liverpool Science Park
146 Brownlow Hill
Liverpool L3 5RF

Regards,

Aidan

On 15 Dec 2010, at 00:40, Jonathan Gray wrote:

> We're pleased to add Amsterdam and Athens to the list of cities
> participating in the Eurostat Hackday. There are now events in
> Amsterdam, Athens, Berlin, Edinburgh, and London, and folks will also
> be participating via IRC:
>
> http://eurostat.okfn.org/
>
> If you're up for joining, please make sure and add your details to the
> Etherpad page so others can get in touch!
>
> http://opengovernmentdata.okfnpad.org/eurostat-hackday
>
> In London we're going to be particularly focusing on energy/
> environmental data.
>
> Looking forward to seeing people on Thursday!
>
> All the best,
>
> Jonathan
>
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 12:27 AM, Jonathan Gray
> <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
>> A quick ping to remind everyone about the Eurostat Hackday, taking
>> place next week:
>>
>> http://eurostat.okfn.org/
>>
>> If you're planning to come along to the events in either Berlin,
>> Edinburgh or London, please don't forget to register so we have a
>> good
>> idea about numbers!
>>
>> http://eurostat.eventbrite.com/
>>
>> --