[open-government] [euopendata] [psi-workers] Rules + website for Open Data Challenge

Chris Taggart countculture at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 22:55:37 UTC 2011

I think we should make it clear whether we are encouraging the building of
general tools (e.g. Google Refine type things), which should be open source,
or opening up data and building services on them while keeping the data open
(which doesn't and IMHO should require the source code to be open). For what
it's worth I think the focus should be on open data rather than open data
software tools (although there is definitely a need for this).

Chris
OpenCorporates :: The Open Database of the Corporate World
http://opencorporates.com
OpenlyLocal :: Making Local Government More Transparent
http://openlylocal.com
Blog: http://countculture.wordpress.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/CountCulture