[open-government] Question regarding license issues with mashed up data from several sources using several licenses

Thomas Thurner t.thurner at semantic-web.at
Mon Feb 13 10:38:34 UTC 2012

Dear Martin,

if this mashup is sourced directly by the origin data, the thing is somehow manageable. As slong as you can name which part of your mashup comes from which source, you can apply the respective licence-text. Result will be, that you have a list of sources an the corresponding legal texts. So you have not only a data mashup, you get a legal mashup too.

If you want to go further with this mashup, you are only allowed to do this with the most restrictive license scheme mentioned. In practical this will be not feasible. Only if you have CC licences or CC-compatible licences, you are able to get meaning out of these legal mashup.

I think the CC-experts in this may answer more precicley.

LGT