[annotator-dev] [open-literature] Open Shakespeare Bulletin (with links)

Nick Stenning nick at whiteink.com
Sat Aug 6 13:49:37 UTC 2011

On 5 Aug 2011, at 10:05, James Harriman-Smith <james.harriman-smith at okfn.org> wrote:

> In the short term, a suitable combination of tags and the filter plugin could help here. A better solution in the long run would be to extend the filtering and backend organisation to allow for "annotation lists", or "collections". I would envisage individual users creating Collections and picking and choosing annotations (theirs and others) to add to them.
>

> In order to finish off the application, though, we have to give an idea of how long it would take to implement our idea. Could you, or someone else on the list, give us a very rough estimate? We would, of course, credit you for both idea and estimate.

Hi James,

Any estimate of this type is subject to a huge degree of uncertainty, as I'm sure you know. That said, I'm confident that the internal architecture of the Annotator is mature and well-factored, which makes adding features such as this much easier than it would otherwise be.

A proper implementation of Collections would probably require modifications to the Annotator Store, and the writing of a Collections Plugin for the Annotator. My best guess for how long this would take is about a man-week.

Regards,