[annotator-dev] Some work from the weekend text camp

James Harriman-Smith james.harriman-smith at okfn.org
Sat Aug 20 08:16:38 UTC 2011

Hi Mark,

Just to say, now that I'm back online, thanks very much for doing this, and
I'm still very much of opinion that it would be really cool to have it on
the front page of Open Shakespeare (although perhaps set by default to only
find annotations on Open Shakespeare in this case).

By the way, it all works in Chrome as well as Firefox.

James

On 16 August 2011 16:21, Mark MacGillivray <mark at cottagelabs.com> wrote:

> hi Annotator-dev people,
>
> At the weekend I was at text camp 2011 in London, well done to James
> Harriman-Smith for organising.
>
> One of the requirements that came up was that James wanted an easier
> way to find annotations about particular topics, or by particular
> people. So, I took some of the code I have been working on and built
> an index with a jquery front end.
>
> I am still working on this jquery front end and in particular have to
> remove the IE bugs (it is probably not viewable in anything earlier
> than IE9 at the moment). However, James reckoned this might be useful
> for something like the front page of openshakespeare. So, what do you
> all think? Shall I have a go at embedding this on the site?
>
> The example is here:
>
> http://test.cottagelabs.com/annotateit
>
> Things like the URIs and usernames do not always look nice - it just
> depends what was used when the annotation was created. But you get the
> idea. Do a free text search for Rufus, for example, or narrow down by
> one of the usernames he has used.
>
> (view in firefox for now - I am tidying up and debugging the code,
> making the front end prettier, and will make it available in a repo
> this week. it should allow for easy embedded display of any content
> from an elasticsearch or SOLR index).
>

> Mark

James Harriman-Smith
Open Literature Working Group Coordinator
Open Knowledge Foundation
http://okfn.org/members/jameshs
Skype: james.harriman.smith