[annotator-dev] New dev and my first problem

Ewald Zietsman ewald at siyavula.com
Mon Jul 25 10:02:48 UTC 2011

I'm not sure of the details nor how the systems work. I only started looking
at this software this morning, so I have to learn as I go.

We'd like to get content from a different site (cnx.org), then allow
annotations to be made on that content on our own site, which will be saved
in a DB somewhere. Every time an annotation is made it must get noted in the
bug tracker. Whenever the bugtracker note is updated (fixed, expired etc)
the annotation must get updated so that there is a record on both the
annotations and the bug tracker. At the moment we see the annotations as
something the users will see and use (they're teachers mostly) and we would
use the bugtracker internally to see whats happening (the bugtracker will be
open for viewing though). So in my mind it looks like we'll need access to
the DB to modify the annotations from the bugtracker's side.

Of course, a better solution will be most welcome :D