[annotator-dev] Developer download link not working

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Jun 10 11:40:50 UTC 2011

Moving to the dev list (please join and post there if you can
<http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/annotator-dev>)

On 10 June 2011 09:25, Carl Bourne <carl.bourne at intellect.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks Rufas,
>
> I'm having some problems getting this to work in one of my pages - do
> you have a working example that implements the same mechanism/styling
> as the Bookmarklet as an included javascript? The example from the
> download package seem to work differently to the Bookmarklet.

Yes. Here are some real-world live examples of how this works:

<http://openshakespeare.org/work/comedy_of_errors>

Exact js code (you can see in source at bottom of the page):

https://gist.github.com/1018659

Included js files are obviously in header of the page.

Another example is provided by the demo of our wordpress plugin (if
you are integrating into wordpress we have a plugin already!):

<http://wp-annotator.andreafiore.me/2011/05/26/hello-world/>

You can again see javascript by looking at the source of the page. In
both these cases js is a bit longer than 2 lines because we are
enabling plugins, setting user names etc. One thing discussed is
providing a one liner to enable annotator with *all* plugins with e.g.
default permissions to make it easier to get full functionality.

@Aron/Andrea: any comment on this last point (@Aron: i remember
discussing this with you, did you do anything ...?)

> BTW the annotator.1.0.0rc3.zip throws an AccessDenied message when I
> try to download it the annotator-full.1.0.0rc3.zip works OK though.

@Aron: you generated these. Do you know what is going on here?

Rufus