[annotator-dev] annotator: RTL flag in i18n

Nick Stenning nick at whiteink.com
Fri Nov 11 20:10:52 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 21:28, Amir More <habeanf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Nick,
> I pulled the merge of the i18n branch into the master.
> I couldn't find anything in the locale or *.pot file indicating
> right-to-left.

Hmm, this is an interesting one. I don't think i18n should do anything
special for RTL languages. You'll probably need to write an
`annotator.rtl.css` or something like that though, which should set
"direction: rtl;" on any/all Annotator elements.

> While working on the marginviewer plugin I realized I need this flag for
> sorting comment in the margin, when there are multiple comments on the same
> line.

Okay, if I were you I'd query the direction CSS property of the
relevant element  (element.style.direction) to determine which way to
sort.

Does that make sense? I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're
trying to do, but I don't think it needs to be a concern of the I18N.

Best,
Nick