[annotator-dev] Introducing myself: Sam Leon (Community Coordinator)

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Thu Nov 10 14:16:30 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

Slightly belated introduction as some of you have already met me on Skype,
in Cambridge or in the London office, but hello anyway! I joined the
community team last week and am very happy to be on board with such a great
group of people. I just spent the weekend at the Mozilla Festival where I
was unsuspectingly pictured with my colleagues alongside a couple of foxes
http://instagr.am/p/Ssu8d/.

I studied philosophy and history at university, and hope that I can bring
my passion for these two subjects into some of my work at the OKF. I'll be
focusing my work on supporting cultural heritage and public domain related
projects, and trying to get the proposed Open Philosophy
project<http://jonathangray.org/2011/11/04/ideas-for-openphilosophy-org/>off
the ground. I will also be helping to streamline the various OKF
blogs,
generating interest and debate around the Ideas
Incubator<http://ideas.okfn.org/>and, in the next couple of weeks, I
will begin running the weekly OKF
hangout sessions - so come and say hi if you come down to them!

I really look forward to working with you all,

Sam

--
Sam Leon
Community Coordinator