[annotator-dev] Annotator replies plugin is live on our website now.

Ewald Zietsman ewald at siyavula.com
Mon Apr 16 13:42:24 UTC 2012

Hi All,

After some trouble and help from Nick I got my replies plugin to work well
enough for the team to make it live on our websites at
http://www.everythingmaths.co.za and http://www.everythingscience.co.za. To
try it out you'll have to make an account. On each book's homepage you'll
find a 'Annotate this book' link on the right, which will allow you to see
the annotatable version of the pages.

My own code lives at:

https://github.com/ezietsman/annotator

and the comment plugin is in the src/plugin folder.

To enable it, include it in your website include the source:

<script src="pkg/annotator.comment.min.js"></script>

and enable it with the other plugins:

$('#airlock').annotator().annotator('addPlugin', 'Comment');

It still a bit rough but its getting a trial by fire. Any comments or
suggestions will be much appreciated. We've blogged about it too:
http://projects.siyavula.com/blog/2012/04/16/weve-updated-the-annotation-system-for-our-online-books/

--
*
Ewald Zietsman

Technical Coor**dinator*
*
*
*
*
Website: www.siyavula.com
The Open Innovation Studio, 27 Buitenkant Street, Cape Town, 8001