[annotator-dev] A question about Annotator backend

johnny jiang johnny.nan.jiang at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 21:13:17 UTC 2012

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the link.

Actually I saw some information in there indicating that -E option has been
removed
1.1 (2012-02-16)
Removed -E/--environment option and PIP_RESPECT_VIRTUALENV; both use a
restart-in-venv mechanism that’s broken, and neither one is useful since
every virtualenv now has pip inside it. Replace pip -E path/to/venv install
Foo with virtualenv path/to/venv &&path/to/venv/pip install Foo.

So I just tried pip install . in the root directory of annotator store,
seemed to be fine, but not sure if it is the right way.
Then I skipped source pyenv/bin/activate as I have no idea about it, then I
followed cp annotator.cfg.example annotator.cfg.
Finally I got the following when running python run.py.

File
"E:\dev\applications\Python27\lib\site-packages\pyes\urllib3\connectionpo
ol.py", line 255, in urlopen
    raise MaxRetryError("Max retries exceeded for url: %s" % url)
pyes.urllib3.connectionpool.MaxRetryError: Max retries exceeded for url:
/annota
tor

I use Python 2.7 and Pip 1.1, are you able to help with it? Thanks

Kind regards,
Johnny