[annotator-dev] Annotator store flask

Nick Stenning nick at whiteink.com
Wed Apr 18 15:46:22 UTC 2012

Hi Johnny,

How quickly are you starting and quitting ElasticSearch? There shouldn't be
anything special needed to get ES to serialise to disk, but given it
flushes to the index asynchronously I suspect you might be able to cause
loss of data if you kill it fast enough and sufficiently aggressively
(SIGKILL or similar).

If you're still seeing this, it sounds like ES is misconfigured -- perhaps
it doesn't have appropriate permissions on its data directory?