[annotator-dev] Subscribing to Annotator events from another application

Jamie M Folsom jfolsom at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 14 16:18:35 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I've got a backbone.js-based list of annotations on an Annotator-enabled page. I want to listen for Annotator events (annotationsLoaded, annotationCreated, etc) from that (non-Annotator-aware) list, and update it accordingly.

How would I go about subscribing to those events? Do I have to create an Annotator plugin to interfaces with the backbone app (the Annotator docs would suggest that a plugin is needed to subscribe to events), or can I subscribe to them directly from the backbone app?

Thanks!

Jamie