[annotator-dev] Fluidinfo backend store for annotator

Kartik Subbarao subbarao at computer.org
Tue Aug 7 22:53:40 UTC 2012

On 08/07/2012 06:34 PM, Kartik Subbarao wrote:

> One more thing I wanted to mention -- for now, the fluidinfo tags are
> created under each person's individual account. Going forward, it would
> be much better to have a central namespace -- like okfn.org/annotator.
> That way all of the annotator tags stored in fluidinfo will be
> easily/commonly referenceable.
>
> In order to do this, we need to create an application account for
> okfn.org with fluidinfo (to authenticate the domain they just need a
> file to be created with specific content). No rush on this, but we
> wouldn't want to build up too much content in fluidinfo with the
> per-user tags.

Sorry, one more point of clarification on this -- what I'm talking about
here is creating a common okfn.org/annotator *namespace* for the tags.
The tags themselves would still be owned by the users and subject to
fluidinfo's permissions model. (For now, the tags are owned by the
FLUIDINFO_USERNAME specified and are readable by everyone).

	-Kartik