[annotator-dev] Initializing multiple annotators on one page.

Aron Carroll aron.carroll.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 11:33:39 UTC 2012

Also I'll add that if you're looking to store/load annotations on a per region basis you could use the "annotationData" and "loadFromSearch" options. eg.

    // From https://github.com/okfn/annotator/wiki/Store-Plugin
    $('#one').annotator().annotator('addPlugin', 'Store', {
      annotationData: {
        uri: 'http://this/document/only#one'
      },
      loadFromSearch: {
        uri: 'http://this/document/only#one'
      }
    });

    $('#two').annotator().annotator('addPlugin', 'Store', {
      annotationData: {
        uri: 'http://this/document/only#two'
      },
      loadFromSearch: {
        uri: 'http://this/document/only#two'
      }
    });

This will make two requests to the server and so may not be necessary depending on what you're doing.

Cheers,
Aron