[annotator-dev] Help running phantom tests

Nick Stenning nick at whiteink.com
Thu Jun 28 17:37:04 UTC 2012

On 2012-06-28 02:15, Randall Leeds wrote:
> I can't seem to get the phantom tests to run.
>
> Installed 'phantom' with npm and also tried installing phantomjs from
> the ubuntu repos.

Hmm. I can (sort of) replicate the problem. It's very inconsistent but I
think the problem is being caused by the Python webserver not managing
to start in time -- Phantom then just fails to make a connection and
doesn't spit out any useful error message some of the time.

I've added a "sleep 1" to the test_phantom script which seems to make
the behaviour a bit more consistent.

This would be so much easier if Phantom was an extension module to Node
-- then we'd boot an HTTP server from the Phantom script and all would
be well.

Alternatively, you can just serve your own annotator directory and run

  phantomjs test/runner.coffee http://...

manually.

-N