[annotator-dev] Help running phantom tests

Randall Leeds tilgovi at hypothes.is
Thu Jun 28 22:11:29 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Nick Stenning <nick at whiteink.com> wrote:
> On 2012-06-28 02:15, Randall Leeds wrote:
>> I can't seem to get the phantom tests to run.
>>
>> Installed 'phantom' with npm and also tried installing phantomjs from
>> the ubuntu repos.
>
> Hmm. I can (sort of) replicate the problem. It's very inconsistent but I
> think the problem is being caused by the Python webserver not managing
> to start in time -- Phantom then just fails to make a connection and
> doesn't spit out any useful error message some of the time.

Turns out the problem in my case was that the version of PhantomJS
from the Ubuntu Precise is 1.4 and while the usage text shows .coffee
as a valid input file it only works when I first compile the file.

I also found this: https://github.com/sgentle/phantomjs-node
I may take a crack at working it in eventually.

-R