[annotator-dev] X-Annotator-User-Id is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Headers

Nick Stenning nick at whiteink.com
Tue Mar 27 13:22:57 UTC 2012

Andrea, Johnny, Randall,

The Wordpress plugin was Andrea's creation, and lives at

  https://github.com/okfn/annotator-wordpress

What needs doing is probably pretty simple. I've had a quick glance at
the code just now, and it seems that the plugin supports what I'll
call the Terrifying Authentication Method that we've now deprecated.

Really, all it should now need to do is inject the appropriate CSS/JS
into the page, as it doesn't support token generation. That means that
it'll allow AnnotateIt users to annotate your pages.

Later, if possible, we should look into adding a "consumer mode," in
which authenticated WP users can have tokens generated for them.

-N