[annotator-dev] New projects using Annotator

Robert Casties casties at mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de
Wed Nov 21 12:10:07 UTC 2012

Hi Annotator folks,

I just wanted to announce some tools we developed at the MPI for History
of Science that are using the Annotator JS libraries and the Store API:

We have integrated the Annotator JS client into our DocumentViewer (Zope
based) viewer for text and scanned image documents. Annotations work
both with text documents (using the standard Annotator) and with images
(using the digilib annotator plugin below):
<http://libcoll.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/libviewa?url=experimental%2Fdigilib-test%2Fbenedetti-1585&pn=5&viewLayer=annotator>

We have also integrated the Annotator JS library (with some wrangling)
as a plugin into the digilib image viewer to annotate images, together
with zooming, rotating and other things digilib does:
<http://digilib.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/digitallibrary/jquery/digilib-mpiwg.html?fn=experimental/digilib-test/images&pn=3>

As a backend for both tools we have developed an annotation server
called AnnotationManagerN4J with an Annotator store API.

You can find more documentation and links at

https://it-dev.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/tracs/Annotations/wiki

All code is open source. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any
questions.

I will address some development issues in a separate post.

Thanks for the great Annotator library

	Robert

--
Dr. Robert Casties -- Information Technology Group
Max Planck Institute for the History of Science