[annotator-dev] Problem with AnotateIt.org api?

Randall Leeds tilgovi at hypothes.is
Tue Nov 20 23:45:22 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Peter Wayner <pcw2 at flyzone.com> wrote:
> Okay. I've fixed these and now I get a few new ones.
>
> Thanks for your help.

> $('#content').data('annotator').plugins['Permissions'].setUser("Joe Bloggs");
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'setUser' of undefined

The setupPlugins() call loads 'AnnotateItPermissions' plugin rather
than the 'Permissions' plugin (src/plugins/kitchensink.coffee in the
annotator source code).

If you remove this setUser call, then everything will be set up to use
the active session on annotateit.org. The user will be set
automatically if this browser has a logged in session with
annotateit.org.

Unfortunately, it seems that there are still 500 errors coming back
when creating annotations. Someone who has access to the logs on that
server would need to help us diagnose what's going on, since I haven't
a clue.

I also just noticed that my latest Chrome install seems to disallow
the cross origin request entirely. I'm not sure what it finds
disagreeable about the preflight request. If you run into further
problems, please test in Firefox.