[annotator-dev] AnnotateIt back online

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Nov 23 14:59:47 UTC 2012

On 23 November 2012 00:45, Nick Stenning <nick at whiteink.com> wrote:
> I'm pleased to say I've got AnnotateIt back online, although sadly only with
> a backup from the end of August. It would appear that some kind soul
> accidentally disabled the automatic backup scripts I had put in place.

I note that that end of August is approximately when the provider at
Heroku (Bonsai) had their massive failure (they accidentally hit the
equivalent of rm -Rf on their ES cluster when doing an upgrade!) so I
don't think there is actually much data loss here.

> Anyway. It's back. And special welcome back to the FinalsClub annotations,
> all 3097 of them =):
>
>     http://annotateit.org/api/search_raw?q=_exists_:finalsclub_id&size=0

Fantastic and thank-you very much Nick. We hope that Bonsai will not
have such a failure again and we'll ensure the automated backup is in
place.

Rufus