[annotator-dev] AnnotateIt back online

Klaus E. Werner keewerner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 12:50:24 UTC 2012

Dear Nick,

glad to see you back online!

I think backup and maintenance of AnnotateIt should not be your fault and
responsibility (or any organization's) alone. As you said, backups are
wellcome but with the growing importance of (also scientific) annotations,
a broader strategy should be developed in the future: some concurrent
server strategy distributed over various organizations and countries where
annotation data is automatically replicated and served.

Hiccups could never be excluded but replicated data would at least be
secure and could be served by another server.  Something like replicated
IMAP systems.

For now, happy to see AnnotateIt back!