[annotator-dev] Annotator-php : An Annotator store built on Silex (PHP) and MongoDB

Julien Chaumond chaumond at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 17:43:48 UTC 2013

Hi Robert,

> Does that work for you? I tried returning 303 but Annotator at least on
> Firefox did not follow the URL. I looked at what annotateit.org did and
> I return the annotation.

It seems to work on the latest versions of Chrome and Safari. I haven't
tried Firefox though.

I think it is not really specified as the parameters are defined by what
> you put in "loadFromSearch" for the client side Store plugin. The
> default seems to be to have "uri" with an exact match as you propose, at
> least that's what I implemented :-)

I guess we can always find the answer reading the reference
implementation<https://github.com/okfn/annotator-store> directly
:)

My Python is rusty, and I'm not familiar with ElasticSearch, but I'm
guessing words might be indexed after being separated by whitespace, so
that will translate to an exact match for URLs:

Cf.
https://github.com/okfn/annotator-store/blob/master/annotator/store.py#L187-201
https://github.com/okfn/annotator-store/blob/master/annotator/annotation.py#L15

Would love a confirmation though!

Also, in the reference implementation ElasticSearch is used as the
persistence layer, not just the search engine, right?

Best,

Julien