[annotator-dev] Annotator-php : An Annotator store built on Silex (PHP) and MongoDB

Robert Casties casties at mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de
Thu Jan 24 17:14:51 UTC 2013

Hi Julien,

I can relate the experiences from writing my own Annotator store
<https://it-dev.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/tracs/Annotations/wiki/AnnotationManagerN4J>

On 24.01.13 17:44, Julien Chaumond wrote:
> Here are a few comments and questions:
>
>    - Following the spec, I'm returning 303 HTTP responses for the create
>    and update endpoints – I'm not implementing the workaround, as both
>    mentioned Webkit and Chromium bugs appear to have been fixed. Maybe the
>    warning for this could be toned down in the Wiki?

Does that work for you? I tried returning 303 but Annotator at least on
Firefox did not follow the URL. I looked at what annotateit.org did and
I return the annotation.

>    - The Auth token implementation is a Work-in-progress. I haven't managed
>    to create a user account on annotateit.org so I haven't been able to
>    test it so far.
>    - The expected behavior for the Search API was not obvious to me:
>       - `/search?text=foobar` performs a full text search on field text?
>       - However, `search?uri=http://example.com` performs an exact match
>       search on field uri, right?
>       - Was this documented somewhere in the mailing list? I haven't been
>       able to find a definitive answer.

I think it is not really specified as the parameters are defined by what
you put in "loadFromSearch" for the client side Store plugin. The
default seems to be to have "uri" with an exact match as you propose, at
least that's what I implemented :-)

Cheers
	Robert