[annotator-dev] Annotator-php : An Annotator store built on Silex (PHP) and MongoDB

Julien Chaumond chaumond at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 16:44:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just released the first version of a basic backend store for Annotator,
written in PHP (on Silex <http://silex.sensiolabs.org/>, the "Sinatra of
PHP") on top of MongoDB:

https://github.com/julien-c/annotator-php

Annotator-php implements:

   - the Core Storage API from
   https://github.com/okfn/annotator/wiki/Storage,
   - the Authentication API (see caveat below)
   - but NOT the Search API (see question below)

Here are a few comments and questions:

   - Following the spec, I'm returning 303 HTTP responses for the create
   and update endpoints – I'm not implementing the workaround, as both
   mentioned Webkit and Chromium bugs appear to have been fixed. Maybe the
   warning for this could be toned down in the Wiki?
   - The Auth token implementation is a Work-in-progress. I haven't managed
   to create a user account on annotateit.org so I haven't been able to
   test it so far.
   - The expected behavior for the Search API was not obvious to me:
      - `/search?text=foobar` performs a full text search on field text?
      - However, `search?uri=http://example.com` performs an exact match
      search on field uri, right?
      - Was this documented somewhere in the mailing list? I haven't been
      able to find a definitive answer.

Thanks for your help!

Julien