[annotator-dev] Annotator + IE8 update

Steph Skardal stephskardal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 18:58:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just got an email regarding my work on the annotator + IE8 plugin.

My original notes for getting annotator to work in IE8 are summarized here:
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/annotator-dev/2013-October/000642.html

However, since that time, while working with the annotator Store plugin, I
found additional limitations. Specifically, the method "document.evaluate"
does not exist in IE8 and there's not an easy work-around. There may be a
complicated work-around, but my client ultimately decided that we will
disable the annotator plugin for IE8 users.

Steph