[annotator-dev] Notes from today's community call

Andrew Magliozzi andrew at finalsclub.org
Mon Feb 24 19:28:39 UTC 2014

Hi Team,

As always, we had a great community call with some clear action items.  If
you're curious, here are the action items to accomplish in the next six
weeks:

Action Items

   -

   Update landing page + use RTD for docs at docs.annotatorjs.org
   -

      @*AndrewM* + @*JakeH* update landing page {{see django docs or
rivetjs<http://www.rivetsjs.com/>
      }}
      -

         What is Annotator?  (500 characters)
         -

         Why Annotator? (500 characters)
         -

         How to get involved... (250 characters)
         -

            Github
            -

            Listserv
            -

         Demo link
         -

   Documentation to-dos:
   -

      @*AndrewM* & @*Jamie* - Introductory docs
      -

         Is this what I'm looking for? How do I use it (min deployment)?
         Code examples?
         -

      @*Nick* (lead and coordinate) - Technical overview documentation
      -

         data model
         -

         events and plugins
         -

         authentication
         -

         How to upgrade to Annotator 2.0?
         -

      API documentation (generated?)
      -

         @*Kristof* - try out this on master
         https://github.com/coffeedoc/codo
         -

            write make script to output this in the sphinx build directory
            for now (integrate later)
            -

      @*Jamie* - Annotated source? (Docco)
      -

         See also Groc: http://nevir.github.io/groc/
         -

      @*Nick* - Enable Hypothes.is on docs (Sphinx hackery)
      - @*Jamie* & @*Dan* - Propose a minimum viable "Groups"
   implementation for Annotator distribution

And here is a link to the full set of notes from the call:

https://docs.google.com/a/finalsclub.org/document/d/1yCCwl5R60yAy4BBphL7fEUKJiCnn5PJ9-dLDuLHOqm8/edit#

The next meeting will take place the first week of April during the
IAnnotate conference in San Francisco.  I look forward to seeing lots of
you there.

Cheers,
Andrew

--
Andrew Magliozzi
Founder

T - 617-575-9369
E - Andrew at FinalsClub.org

FinalsClub exists thanks to funding from the William and Flora Hewlett
Foundation and generous scholars like you.