[annotator-dev] Destroy Method added 6 months ago...cant find it

Mark Graves mgraves87 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 19:58:01 UTC 2014

Hey Everyone,

Sorry if I've missed out on the documentation for this somewhere.

I'm using dynamically generated content that will be annotated, and I'm
getting two errors.

First, it complains about passing annotator an empty element (can't get
element by id), I presume this is because I destroy and then append the new
content in a div which didn't exist in the dom when jquery loaded.

Second, it says you cannot have more than one instance of any plugin at a
time.

I saw a merge about 6 months ago adding a destroy method, but I can't seem
to find documentation for it or it in the source.

Anyone know the command?

Thanks!

Mark