[annotator-dev] colored notes

Robert Sanderson azaroth42 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 16:53:33 UTC 2014

Dan, Riccardo, All,

Yes, I was trying to express the question in more general terms to avoid
biasing the response :)  But Dan has it correct -- is it important that
styling be first persisted, and second that it be replayed in the same way
by other clients.

My opinion is that it is a fundamental requirement that has to be solved,
however I know there are others that disagree.  The interoperability
between systems is the key point for me: if a user annotates in green and
red and then views their annotation in a different client, they should see
the same colors.  Or, if the styling is a red strikethrough (meaning
delete), that should be persisted rather than displayed as a generic
highlight.

Thus, the metadata that records the styling should be readily interpretable
by different clients, rather than client specific, local additions.

Rob